Do you feel no one will understand you? Believe it or not, I get you. The issues my therapy addresses include:
- Social Isolation
- Issues related due to being single
- Issues related to food and/or substance misuse
- Weight and Body Image
- Grief and loss
I bring a lifetime of experience to my work with clients. My specializations are working with:
- People who feel marginalized due to gender preference, race, culture, religion, etc.
- Black Women as well as Women of Color impacted by racism/micro-aggressions
- Those who have been orphaned, fostered, adopted or raised by family other than their own mother or father
- Individuals dealing with alcohol misuse combined with emotional eating
- Individuals dealing with loneliness or isolation
- Women with limited support who are starting businesses
- Single Parents without a partner and limited or no family support
Therapy can offer a safe, non-judgmental place to create your story. It can be a place to heal and discover concrete skills as well as a place to leave the past in its place so that you learn to exist in the here and now.